Random BSODs

DeadlyAura

Supreme [H]ardness
Last week my computer crashed on me, after some diagnosis I discovered it was the motherboard. Swapped it out for a 680i and have been running flawless for a week straight...

Until today...

Today I've been getting random BSODs ALL day long. The first one, I forgot to write down the error code, but I believe it was a Video RAM error. The second one was a 0x1A, the third was a 0x19, and the fourth was a 0x112 (I think, I can't read my writing >.< )

Basically, a bunch of seemingly random BSODs... I've updated my video drivers, updated the 680i's BIOS. Everything else was up to date. Since I've done this, the system has been stable, but we're only going on an hour here...

Any ideas?

I'd check the cables and expansion cards to make sure they're in all the way. Also, check that all your USB devices are working fine.
Do the BSODs happen on load or idle (or both) ? Is everything at stock speed/voltages ? Any temp issues ?

[EDIT : I also got rid of my p5n-e ; I had a bunch or random bsods as the USB controller was dying.]

First thing I always check on random bsods is memory. Make sure your memory timings and voltages are set correctly. If they are set to auto manually type in the correct settings and then download memtest and run it for a couple of hours.

I'd check the cables and expansion cards to make sure they're in all the way. Also, check that all your USB devices are working fine.
Do the BSODs happen on load or idle (or both) ? Is everything at stock speed/voltages ? Any temp issues ?

[EDIT : I also got rid of my p5n-e ; I had a bunch or random bsods as the USB controller was dying.]
Everything is sitting pretty, and the only USB devices I have connected are my keyboard and mouse.
Are you OCed?
Stock speeds on everything.
First thing I always check on random bsods is memory. Make sure your memory timings and voltages are set correctly. If they are set to auto manually type in the correct settings and then download memtest and run it for a couple of hours.
They are currently set to auto, I'll have to check that.

It hasn't BSODed since I did a BIOS update, so I'm going to wait for another one before I make any more changes. We'll see what happens.

Thanks for the help so far!

Not to nitpick but I dont see an OS mentioned. I had the same issue with Vista until I manually updated my drivers and bios. Oddly enough I never had the problem with any other OS.

Seems like your already doing that tho.

Not to nitpick but I dont see an OS mentioned. I had the same issue with Vista until I manually updated my drivers and bios. Oddly enough I never had the problem with any other OS.

Seems like your already doing that tho.

Sorry, my mistake, it's Win7 Home

Better yet, go into BIOS and load the default Optimized settings.

Also, as mentioned, do a memory test. The one built in Windows works great. Just type in Windows Memory Diagnostic. Set it to run on next boot. Once you get into the program, go into the options and enable the extended test. It takes longer but finds more issues. The basic test shouldn't even be an option.

Wow, auto wasn't working to well for me. I think my issues may be because my RAM was under-volted.

Factory settings on the RAM are 4-4-4-12 and 2.2v.

BIOS had it set for 5-5-5-16 at 1.3v :eek:

Gonna see how she runs now. :D

Back