Random Blue Screen

dogbyte_13

[H]ard|Gawd
So as of late i am getting random blue screens and cant figure it out, i have stress my CPU with prime 95 and kombuster also running cpu burner and it doest crash, checked video ram with video memory test and also memtest for system ram. No errors found with these programs, but when i will playu a game sometimes it crashes after 15 minutes sometimes after 2 hours or sometimes not at all after 4 hours. I posted my crash log below and i just formatted and reinstalled everything. Ive tried everything except testing the motherboard which i dont know if there is a program for that, also made sure everything was reseated and sadly i dont have any spare parts for extensive testing.

[FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]On Sat 11/15/2014 8:34:52 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\111514-7956-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: [FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]hal.dll[/FONT] (hal+0x12A3B)
Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFFFA80077E6028, 0xBE200000, 0x5110A)
Error: [FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR[/FONT]
file path: C:\Windows\system32\hal.dll
product: [FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]Microsoft® Windows® Operating System[/FONT]
company: [FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]Microsoft Corporation[/FONT]
description: Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA).
This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem problem. This problem might be caused by a thermal issue.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.
[/FONT]

From the sounds of it, it looks like a heat/overclock issue. My best advice would be to set everything back to default and see if the issue persists. Then gradually re-work your overclock. I'd also double check the memory using MemTest86+ or by manually removing half if you want to be quick.

Is this just one game in-particular or any game?

if it is only happening on one game then most likely it is a driver issue with the game, This used to happen to me when I would play the newest crysis I had to use the Beta Nvid driver and also slightly increase the voltage on my 560ti vid card and it got rid of the problem, I would never had figured it out until I went to the video card forums and looked for the problem with the game.

doesn't happen in only 1 game, also when i torture test my oc it hits a max of 64C, gonna try lowering my OC and see if that happens. Thx for the input.

So far so good after putting CPU back to stock, ran Kombuster overnite and no crashes. Now the question is what makes an overclock not work any more? does that mean the CPU or motherboard is failing?

isn't that for testing gpu? is that what you OCed? for me the best CPU stress tester is running FAH ( folding at home) that really stresses cpu or gpu .
eithe way just slowly OC thern stress system until no more blue screens.
allot of times when I have gotten Blue screens I would load up a Live OS like linx then check to see if my OC is stable if it is then I load windows and see if it is still stable

So far so good after putting CPU back to stock, ran Kombuster overnite and no crashes. Now the question is what makes an overclock not work any more? does that mean the CPU or motherboard is failing?

It could be anything. Overclocking isn't a science, it's more like alchemy. You never know whether or not your OC is actually stable or not, whether a part was damaged or undervolted, etc. Sometimes it just runs, including through stress tests and then randomly gives out. When that happens it tends to continue giving out making it very hard to look at the OC as being the perpetrator. I learned this the hard way with my Q9550. I spent awhile getting the right setting that worked and didn't crash with the stress testing tools and it all seemed good for over a year. Then it started crashing often and randomly. I got tired of trying to play with the OC again because it would no longer accept what I had regardless of settings/voltage and just set it back to default. Never had problems since.

It could be anything. Overclocking isn't a science, it's more like alchemy. You never know whether or not your OC is actually stable or not, whether a part was damaged or undervolted, etc. Sometimes it just runs, including through stress tests and then randomly gives out. When that happens it tends to continue giving out making it very hard to look at the OC as being the perpetrator. I learned this the hard way with my Q9550. I spent awhile getting the right setting that worked and didn't crash with the stress testing tools and it all seemed good for over a year. Then it started crashing often and randomly. I got tired of trying to play with the OC again because it would no longer accept what I had regardless of settings/voltage and just set it back to default. Never had problems since.

If you get a stable OC that degrades over time, suspect the power supply. It happened to me, I had to lower my OC month by month untill the machine barely run stock. I thought I had burned up my CPU or mobo but lo and behold, once I bought a new Seasonic PSU it OC:d like new again.

well im at 4.2GHZ and so far no issues, the bad part is that i have a MSI board that doesn't have many tweaking options, no voltage control or anything like that, just clock speed, DIMM voltage, bus speed. Here is the thing, i used OC Genie and now it is working the ting is that the voltage which i have no control over is set to 1.366 and not to sure if that is to high or not.

well im at 4.2GHZ and so far no issues, the bad part is that i have a MSI board that doesn't have many tweaking options, no voltage control or anything like that, just clock speed, DIMM voltage, bus speed. Here is the thing, i used OC Genie and now it is working the ting is that the voltage which i have no control over is set to 1.366 and not to sure if that is to high or not.

Some automatic OC systems overvolt your gear like no tomorrow. Make sure you have a well installed quality cooler at least.

Only had one issue lastnite after playing about an hour of borderlands 2 i got a steam error of 41 and when i looked it up there was no real solution except for reinstall steam and the game.. ugh, anyway i tried to verify files and it find 1 file that needs to be replaced but it doesnt, anyone else have this issue?

Only had one issue lastnite after playing about an hour of borderlands 2 i got a steam error of 41 and when i looked it up there was no real solution except for reinstall steam and the game.. ugh, anyway i tried to verify files and it find 1 file that needs to be replaced but it doesnt, anyone else have this issue?

A failing hard drive or sata controller may also give you random problems.

Back