• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Random beeping from motherboard

jwimsett

Gawd
Joined
Jul 16, 2012
Messages
638
My system has been up and running for months - recently it has been beeping for no real reason. I did just apply a small overclock to the CPU which I did revert back to stock. It was at 4.4 GHZ @ 1.25V.

It will beep after it has booted into windows. Sometimes it will beep once, twice, three of four beeps. It will then beep again 10-15 seconds later. It might happen one time of a few times. It's never really consistent.

I've ran Memtest and prime 95 with no errors.
I've replaced the cmos battery.

Specs:
Maximus V Extreme
I7 3770K
EVGA 780 SLI
16 GB ram
x1250 PSU
Win 8.1

It is cold in the room where my PC is at. Water temp is 18C at idle.
 
Back
Top