Random 9800 Pro death

Hamateer

Gawd
I had the system running fine. I went outside to help my dad work on the car, and when i come back in the monitor is blank. Reseat, put it in a new system, nothing. Im in disbelief right now....:mad: :mad: :mad: :

wow almost the exact same thing just happened to me. I was sound asleep untill 3am when my roomates came rushing in drunk as hell and woke me up. Since i was up i figured some FarCry action was in order so I played from 4 till about 8am. So i close the game, look at some things online, and go to sleep. I wake up this morning to blankness. I restart and nothing. I switch video cards and i get bad ram beeps. I change out my ram and I get a very scary single 3sec long beep. So i switch powersupplies and I'm back to the bad ram beeps. Also im clearning the cmos after i try each different thing. So Frustrated and positive it is a cpu or mothorboard failure, and put everything back in and power it up one last time. Booted fine and everything is right back to normal. VERY STRANGE!

Mine died on me after I installed one of the 3D screensavers that came on disk and I left it running overnight. Not completely dead but all kind of jankieness was dancing around my screen. Thank God I have a decent job so I jus bought another one :) and now I have a killer $200 paper weight.

That sucks to hear those horror stories. It's making me worry about my 9800 Pro. Was any OC'ing involved with your cards or was it all stock?

Mine is in the process of dying. I get reboots and blank screens when i play games. I have to stick a giant fan next to my pc just to play far cry now.

I bought the VGA cooler thinking it would solve the problem. Stuck it on yesterday, 20 minutes into far cry I get a black screen. So i guess its the ram. Either way it shouldnt be doing this. I've never overclocked it. I've always had the stock heatsink on (till yesterday).

I've had the damn thing for a little over a year with no problems.

I had mine overclocked at 411/366, can play UT2004, and everuthing else fine. Start playing FarCry and that thing kicks my ass, I get corruption at anything abve 390/355, I hope this game isn't slowly eating my card.

I've had a couple of 9500pro's die on me. Fortunately, ATI has been great with their RMA service where I would receive a new card within a week everytime.

:cool:

Back