• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Ran the Numbers, yet no responses...

Z(+)DIAC

2[H]4U
Joined
Dec 12, 2004
Messages
3,231
Yeah, so I was suggested to "run the numbers" on my setup in order to find out how large my PSU needed to be. However seeing as I can barely find similar products using the OUTDATED table, I was curious if anyone could probably estimate for me. PS: I don't plan to overclock anything except for my vid card.

MSI Neo 2 Plat.
2X512 Mushkin DDR
Samsung DVDR+RW
120 IDE HDD
Nvidia 6600GT AGP
2 120 Fans

I was looking at a 380 Antec True Power PSU or an Enermax Noisetaker 420. Anyone think those are too much or too small? I am not looking to spend much, just something very reliable and that could last me for at least a year.

Thank You.
 
i've got my dad's system running just fine on a generic 380 and his specs are almost similar to yours, cept the vid card

a64 2800+
160gig wd se
2x256 pc3200
dl df dvd burner
1 fan
asus k8v se deluxe
radeon 9000

i think if you don't plan on overclocking the 430 should be plenty fine, even the 380 should do it. with good quality rails i wouldnt worry at all. my desktop setup (in sig) has a lot more stuff in it and runs fine on a generic 400 watt with 4 wd se's, two 120 mm fans, now a volcano 7 (soon to be x 12+), and dual hi speed burners. and i've been starting to OC it without issue.
 
Wow, thanks for the reply. I really do appreciate it.

I forgot to mention, don't know how, but I have a 3000+. I might add one cathode later on, but not so sure as of now.

I guess it boils down to which brand or psu one would prefer. As of now for quality and price I am looking directly at Antec and Enermax.
 
Back
Top