Ramsink Question

iceman1110

Limp Gawd
My Zalman VF700-CU will be arriving soon and I noticed that it comes with ramsinks. My question is, are the ramsinks that come with this even good? I thought I read a few days ago that someone on here claimed that only one kind were worth using. I was wondering if I should put the ramsinks on at all. It is a Radeon 9800se going to do the softmod(if it matters). Thanks.

iceman1110 said:
They look pretty generic are they even effective?

Well, they must be somewhat effective if your ram doesn't explode with them on. If you are talking about heavy overclocking, then I would opt for some larger and copper heatsinks. I have them installed on my bfg 7800gtx and they.. uhh..work, but I'm keeping this card at stock

digitalx0 said:
Well, they must be somewhat effective if your ram doesn't explode with them on. If you are talking about heavy overclocking, then I would opt for some larger and copper heatsinks. I have them installed on my bfg 7800gtx and they.. uhh..work, but I'm keeping this card at stock

Well my ram on my 7800 does 1440MHz on the zalman blue heatsinks. When i fitted copper ramsinks that were twice as tall my ram overclock went up 0MHz, which shows you how much they matter...

DarkBahamut said:
Well my ram on my 7800 does 1440MHz on the zalman blue heatsinks. When i fitted copper ramsinks that were twice as tall my ram overclock went up 0MHz, which shows you how much they matter...
Best feedback thus far. Thanks.

DarkBahamut said:

It could be possible that that is the max clocks you can get on your ram no matter the temps

Back