Rampage Formula Onwers : Need your help!

Link

Gawd
Can you check your NB voltage when it's set to auto in the bios?
Accroding to the board's build in monitor, it's 1.61v. Shouldn't it be around 1.25v?:confused:

Mine is at 1.34 steady, just freshly set up today. I am a bit concerned about my NB/SB temps at 50C and 46C though. My CPU is only at 39C and MB at 36C. Are yours that high? Is it within a reasonable operating temperature range?

Mine is 43/42. I think you just need better air circulation.
Definitely, there's something wrong with mine, or the built-in sensor is completely off.

Mine is at 1.34 steady, just freshly set up today. I am a bit concerned about my NB/SB temps at 50C and 46C though. My CPU is only at 39C and MB at 36C. Are yours that high? Is it within a reasonable operating temperature range?

Can you try upping the FSB to 400mhz or higher and set he NB voltage to auto? Then let me know what the NB voltage reading is.

I found another person on Anandtech showing the same result as I do, but he didn't realize that's an issue.

I'm having this random system reboot issue, and I think this NB voltage problem is the cause of it since I manually set the voltage to from 1.25~1.35v.

My system suddenly reboots by itself during normal web surfing or even during screen save mode, but never during gaming or Prime95/OCCT sessions. Very odd, isn't it?

mines 1.36V, had it setup a day or three but I havent tweaked any BIOS settings besides boot order of the sata devices. I probably won't be changing any settings for a week or 2 but until I have this uni report under control so sorry for the lack of help there.

So I tied away some of my cables more neatly in an effort to improve my airflow. I also wanted to check the heatsink on the motherboard. It turns out it wasn't tightened down all the way :mad: I tightened the screws a little more, booted it back up, and my mobo temps went down about 5 degrees C. Oh and my NB voltage is on auto at 1.34v. I think bridge temps of about 45C shouldn't be much to worry about. I read somewhere that Intel's "meltdown" point for the x48 is ~90C :rolleyes:

mines 1.36V, had it setup a day or three but I havent tweaked any BIOS settings besides boot order of the sata devices. I probably won't be changing any settings for a week or 2 but until I have this uni report under control so sorry for the lack of help there.

Is your FSB at 400mhz or higher? Default is 333mhz.
As I said on earlier post this abnormal NB voltage at auto occurs only when FSB is 400mhz or higher.

Is your FSB at 400mhz or higher? Default is 333mhz.
As I said on earlier post this abnormal NB voltage at auto occurs only when FSB is 400mhz or higher.
stock 333, havent overclocked yet.

I discovered the abnormally high voltage too when FSB at 400 and NB set to auto. Currently I need 1.33 volts to run 8 gig stable at FSB 400 and DDR1000. I also have the 50 degree NB/SB load temps.

Back