Rampage extreme and Blu-Ray problem

Duo Joe

Limp Gawd
Any help here would be appreciated. I plugged in a Lite-On blu-ray player into my system and the computer wont boot. It gets partially thru the boot and hangs up at the "Checking NVRam" spot. I dont understand it. What about this unit causes the boot to lock up? Ive got a standard DVD, a DVD recorder and now this blu-Ray player in line. If I unplug the blu-ray SATA data cable from the motherboard it boots fine....

Help! And thanks in advance.

Tom

Which port on the motherboard do you have the Blu-ray player plugged into? I'm asking because you sig says you have 4 raptors hooked up and including the new Blu-ray player that would be 3 optical drives, correct? I see 6 of the 8 sata ports on the motherboard are for the intel ich9r intel controller. The other 2 ports are using the marvell controller. Are the 4 raptors and the 2 dvd drives plugged into the 6 ports for the intel controller and the Blu-ray on 1 port on the marvell controller?? If so, i'd say it's possible for the lockup because you need need to enable the marvell controller in bios before connecting the new drive, also i'm not sure if you can use a burner on the marvell controller sata ports.

Ive got all the drives hooked up to the Intel controllers. I just plugged the blu-ray into the Marvell controller and the computer booted. Im not sure how to enable the marvell controller in bios though.

I incorrectly referred to the marvell controller when i meant the silicon image controller. The marvell controller is for the esata port. The silicon image controller is the 2 black sata ports on the motherboard. I'm thinking that if you plug the Blu-ray player into one of the black ports, it's not going to work. If that's where you have it plugged in now, that may be the problem. Try plugging it into one of the blue ports and see if it will boot normally. Unplug one of your other dvd drives if you need to so you can see if that's the problem. In the BIOS, to see if enabling the marvell controller will work, go to the "advanced" tab, the select the "onboard devices configuration". Then make the sure marvell ide/esata is enabled. Hope this helps

Last edited:
Thank you. I plugged it into one of the black ports and it works fine now.

:D

Back