Ram Voltage

dynasty

Limp Gawd
I have 2 sticks of corsair xms 512 3200. I have my ram voltage at 2.75v from 2.6v default. Is that alright? Or do I need to turn it down? Thanks

I have the same RAM modules in one of my systems, and they REALLY don't like high voltages. I just leave them at the default 2.6v and can still OC my FSB fairly well, but if I up the Vdimm to 2.75 or higher my system won't even boot into Windows.

Yes 2.75v is quite alright.

Winbond chips don't start performing until they reach 3.0v+
And Winbond themselves, spec them to handle to as much 3.6v :D

Drisler said:
Yes 2.75v is quite alright.

Winbond chips don't start performing until they reach 3.0v+
And Winbond themselves, spec them to handle to as much 3.6v :D

Why is it I see people warning others when they have a system runnung 3.2V or higher on a regular basis? It IS specced to 3.6V. Does it really hurt them?

I fully intend to set my Mushkin Black Level 2 PC3500 up to 3.0V or higher when I get my VTT mod done. Above 2.8 volts on the IC7-Max3 the VTT voltage doesn't scale correctly with the Vdimm and it kinda screws up stability.

Sysjack said:
Why is it I see people warning others when they have a system runnung 3.2V or higher on a regular basis? It IS specced to 3.6V. Does it really hurt them?

I fully intend to set my Mushkin Black Level 2 PC3500 up to 3.0V or higher when I get my VTT mod done. Above 2.8 volts on the IC7-Max3 the VTT voltage doesn't scale correctly with the Vdimm and it kinda screws up stability.

Mostly because they aren't "hard" enough.
And also from what they've heard other people say.

As much 3.3v 24/7, wouldn't hurt. I'd do 3.6v, but not 24/7 for benching maybe.

I had mine at 3.2 for weeks but i dont need it so i run it at 2.8

Back