RAM questions relating to brand, speed, etc.

Keetha

Limp Gawd
Hey all. I've been looking at getting the Corsair Dominator PC8500. Recently, alot of people seem to recommending the Patriot and the Crucial PC8500. Does any 1 of these 3 really stand out from the others?

Also, I seem to see a lot of people recommending just sticking to PC6400 (Generally the Crucial). How high does this stuff go? I am getting at Abit AB9 QuadGT and I'd like to hit 500 FSB 1:1

Also, this is the wrong place to ask, but might as well wrap it all up here... Are all the Core 2 Duos unlocked both up and down?

That's what I was thinking, but a lot of people seem to get great OCs on their PC 6400.

So, how high are you guys getting your stuff?

That's what I was thinking, but a lot of people seem to get great OCs on their PC 6400.

This is very true but, since you are shooting for an exceptionally high OC, I'd buy PC8000 or faster so that you can be 100% guaranteed that your memory is not holding you back.

though from what i've seen, hitting 500mhz fsb usually means you have an exceptionally good board, or you're running at very high voltage on the chipset :p

Back