RAM problems

Joined
Mar 5, 2004
Messages
57
Hey,

I was hoping someone could help me with my oc'ing. Currently I'm using a 2.4c, IS7, and 2x256 PC3700 Corsair twinx memory. When I first started to overclock I went just at the CPU setting the cpu:mem ratio to 3:2, and then I was able to get a respectable oc of 3.4 stable without any voltage changes which was a 284 FSB. After I figured the upper reaches of my cpu I decided to start raising the bar on my memory since it was only running at around 189, and it should be rated at 233 at the very least. So I restarted with a 1:1 ratio, to make sure that my CPU could take it, and raised the FSB from the default 200 to 233, but it wouldn't boot. I had to lower it to 211 to have it boot and be stable. I kept everything else in the bios totally default. So my question is; is this a motherboard limit, or did I get some PC3200 ram that was labeled wrong, or is it just me being stupid and not changing something in the bios(probably the most likely)? Thanks for your input.

Wayne
 
Back
Top