• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

RAM Problems with Core Duo Laptop

charlesb80

n00b
Joined
May 20, 2006
Messages
7
Hi all,

I have been having problems with my new Core Duo laptop, firstly I was seeing strange crashes (I would call them GPFs, but Windows XP doesn't) with applications. Then the system would repeatly reset when getting to the Windows login screen. After this I ran the new version of Memtest (which claims to support the Core Duo), which gave me 2 fails in test 2 and many failures in tests 4 and 5. Now the system does not run for more than 1 minute without a memory error (and therefore reboot!).

I will send it back to the service centre (which is quite a pity as the machine is only 2 days old!). However, I was interested in the errors it was generating. It seems to always be the same bit pattern (something like 00008000) at almost all positions. Is this really indicating a RAM error or is it something else? What could be wrong with the machine?

Any advice?
 
Back
Top