• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Ram prices continually increasing?

TSx

Gawd
Joined
Jan 11, 2004
Messages
647
I started pricing parts for my new comp mid January, and ran was around $130 for a gig of Corsaie ValueRam pc3200 ddr400. Yesterday it was $155 for that same ram, and today it's up to $163 on newegg. Are prices going to continue increasing on ram? I hadn't heard of anything that would/should make prices increase, but maybe I missed something?
 
Newegg's prices are based on a formula. They depend on how many people are buying it. As a result, sometimes you can get really good deals on some things if a strange buying trend is going on. Usually watch the price for a couple weeks and watch for a trend. Then decide when you're gonna buy, and buy.
 
I've seen the same thing happen to my beautiful Mushkin ram. It's completley disapeared and then the 1 gig ( 2 x 512 ) packages are raising higher and higher in price as they are running out. They use the bh-5 chips that you'll no longer be able to buy. I was planning on building a system for a friend in a few weeks and I was planning on putting Mushkin's Bh-5 chip ram in there but it doesn't look like that'll happen.
 
Back
Top