Ram not being recognized

Faction

The Chairman
Im using Windows Vista 32bit, im aware that not all 4GB will be seen!

I just changed out from a 680i board to a IP35pro.

Im only getting 2GB of ram available in windows where on the 680i i got 3GB available

CPU-Z shows 4096MB as expected... Any idea what is different between these two boards that is causing this issue?

That can happen when you have memory remapping enabled bios. Try and disable it, and see if you get a little bit more

Thanks, ill take a look into it, anyone happen to know where that option is on an IP35PRO?

Im using Windows Vista 32bit, im aware that not all 4GB will be seen!

I just changed out from a 680i board to a IP35pro.

Im only getting 2GB of ram available in windows where on the 680i i got 3GB available

CPU-Z shows 4096MB as expected... Any idea what is different between these two boards that is causing this issue?
Presumably the BIOS is seeing 4096 too?
Is all the other hardware the same between installs?
Given that your GX2 has 1MB RAM on it's own I'm surprised that you saw a full 3GB usable on the 680i.

So i went in and told Bios not to map the memory...

Now windows is saying 4GB of ram available when i right click on Computer and look at the properties.

But no other program is reporting this.. So what is the scoop?
Task manager still only showing 2.045GB
odd.jpg

update: Installed 64bit OS now im getting 3069MB available and 4GB installed.

Any ideas? Newest bios installed...

getting help for this issue has seemed to be impossible,

apparently the mobo has no memory remapping function, not that i should need that since its a 64bit OS..

any ideas folks?

This may seem silly to ask:

are you using 2 x 2gb or 4 x 1gb?

in other words, are all 4 sticks of RAM 'known good' ?

And no, working in your old motherboard doesnt count... unless you put it back in and try... but that includes all the other stuff in yer current system.

Try the RAM in another system and see if it works. Go from there.

The ram works... it runs memtest fine...

I know some of you are just trying to help but it isnt a problem with the ram moreso a problem with the motherboard.

btw it is 2x2GB

Thanks.

Back