RAM Monitoring Program

What are you trying to monitor, and to what level of precision?
What operating system is being targeted?
What is the "bigger picture" that lead to this post?

Precision: General idea.
Windows 7
I have a bottleneck. I want to find out what it is... Why does my FPS drop in games, if I stream?

Well, I have a GPU, HDD, CPU and RAM monitor so far - but not a RAM Bandwidth monitor.

Precision: General idea.
Windows 7
I have a bottleneck. I want to find out what it is... Why does my FPS drop in games, if I stream?

Well, I have a GPU, HDD, CPU and RAM monitor so far - but not a RAM Bandwidth monitor.

Windows 7's "performance monitor" should give you all of the raw details you need -- look in the "Memory" section, and all of its metrics. If you're worried about how well the RAM chips are performing to their spec, then you'll need to look for non-OS applications: MemTest86+ comes to mind, but I'm not certain that would still give you the answers you want.

Then again... You're wanting to find out why general system performance drops from one observed level when invoking a second, system-intensive application. That requires deeper inner-working knowledge of two different applications and where potential contentions, memory leaks, race conditions, comparisons between different drivers/firmware revisions, and other aspects that could be problematic. I'm just not sure you'll ever get the answer you're looking for.

Edit: vraa also raises a good point that needs clarification.

Back