• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Ram max hp dv9428nr

uss enterprise

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 5, 2009
Messages
298
Specs say 2gb max, but I find this hard to believe.
Do you guys think I can upgrade it? What would happen if I installed, say, 4gb?

Thanks!
 
Basically, the DIMM slots can only recognize sticks up to 1GB.

So, if you popped in a 2GB stick, it wouldn't recognize it.
 
Haven't found anything different (specs says 2GB); laptop has a NVidia NForce 430 Go given the integrated video, not able to confirm the maximum memory (RAM) supported.

I lucked out with my Asus laptop from 2009. The manufacturer specifications said 4GB DDR2, but the Intel chipset supported 8GB. I bought an 8GB DDR2 kit, dropped it in, and it worked.
 
With as new as this machine is, and that it was built for Vista, I don't think 2gb is the limit. I would try removing both modules and see if a 2gb module is recognized. If so, then I'd add a second and see if you can get 4gb.

See if you can get a hold of the service manual as it will detail memory specs and replacement in much better detail. Also, research the chipset to see how much ram it will support as generally this is the limiting factor more than anything else.
 
Back
Top