Ram for ASUS Striker extreme Mobo

_Fi_

n00b
Just wondering what Ram other owners of this mother board are using?? I have just puchased one and am having a hard time deciding what ram to use with it.

I could definitely use some help here: I have 8GB (4x2GB) of Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, and can only get 1 stick of it to work with my setup, consisting of a Striker Extreme and Vista Ultimate 64.

I was told to get rid of my Wintec and OCZ ram by ASUS tech support. They have told me that I need to call Kingston and get specific timings and voltages for the ram and North Bridge to use with the Striker Extreme.

Does anyone already have settings that work?

...Hope this post is appropriate, I was just trying to see if there were people out there with the same set of hardware...

why 8gb? thats silly, but i would probs do it.
AFAIK corsair seems to be the most reliable on the board, or ocz flex xlc for high end.
im using corsair xms2 pc 6400C4, Which overclocks nicely on the mobo :)

OK, I have a partial-birth success story here:

I can get the system (check sig) to cold-start with the full complement of 8GB with these settings:

5-5-5-15, 2.0V, 800MHz memory speed, 800 MHz FSB.

Everything else is on auto right now. I want to get the FSB back up to 1066 MHz, so I'll be working on that... But here's the problem: it won't successfully restart- it will fail to load Vista and restart into a black screen freeze. If I turn it off, it starts fine.

Thoughts?

I got the strikers little brother in the p5n32-e. the key to success for me with all 4 channels was to run my ballistix's at 1.95v's. Anything over would cause memtest issues, despite being rated for 2.2v's. I can run 4-4-4-12 @ 800mz 2T no sweat at those volts too. Try undervolting, sounds odd, but it worked for me.

Back