ram for Asus P6T

Yes. I believe some claim they have used 48GB on that board.. The motherboard manual was probably printed before 4GB or 8GB unbuffered dimms existed..

Make sure you get 1.5V ram DDR3 1600 or DDR3 1333. I recommend GSkill or Corsair.
 
Last edited:
Thank-you for that.I only have Win 7 home premium and I think it only supports 16Gb.I currently have 2x6 of GSkill DDR3 1600 installed but I need all I can get (video editing).
Would I be best to go with 4x4 of GSkill DDR3 1600 or DDR3 1333.The QV list for ram on the Asus web site states:

• A*: Supports two (2) modules inserted into slot A1 and B1 as one pair of Dual-channel memory configuration
• B*: Supports three (3) modules inserted into the orange slots (A1, B1 and C1) as one set of Triple-channel memory configuration
• C*: Supports four (4) modules inserted into the orange slots (A1, B1 and C1) and the black slot A2 as one set of Triple-channel memory configuration
• D*: Supports six (6) modules inserted into both the orange slots and the black slots as two set of Triple-channel memory configuratio

If I understand it correctly,option "C" is where I should install the Dimms to utilize the memory configuration fully?
 
Back
Top