RAM for A7N8X-E Deluxe

jpsteinmetz

Weaksauce
Alright guys, i'm looking for some new RAM. I'm interested in getting two chips of 512MB to make 1GB. Now i've currently got some older Corsair memory as you can see by the signature, but since I fixed my A7V333 board yesterday, I want to stick that ram in there, and get new RAM for this board. I figured PC-3200 TwinX Corsair XMS memory is the way to go, but i'm wondering if maybe I can get the same thing for cheaper... in maybe a Kingston form?

I'm using some Samsung PC2700 with mine. First nForce 2 board to do that too...although it's been some time since I last tried any nF2 board.

Does anyone know how high my board can overclock?? I've got the version 2 or whatever it is... bought it a couple months ago. I wonder if it's worth it to bother with PC-3700 or even 4000 if it doesn't overclock much or at all. Would be more economical to just get PC-3200. Any ideas? suggestions?

It will probably be unstable unless you match your memory and bus frequency. If an 1800+ is your chip, the RAM will NOT be the limiting component.

welll, i wouldn't say that, my 1800+ is unlocked, so i can run any multiplier I like. So it's all a matter of how much the mobo can handle.

Well, the [H] review didn't have that great of OC with this board...couldn't do 215 with it, however, YMMV.

Back