• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

RAM for 930 overclock

Cali3350

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Mar 22, 2002
Messages
4,701
Hey guys, just bit on the EVGA x58 SLI for $99 and the microcenter 930 for $200. Simply too good a deal to pass up.

Need some ram to really let this setup stretch its wings. I will need 3 sticks for triple channel, correct? Any particularly good performers out there? What speeds should I be looking for?
 
Personally I would get at least DDR3-2000. The lower the timings and voltage the better.

With the 930, that should give you enough room to go to 4.4Ghz (22x200) IF your chip is up to it and you have good enough cooling.

That being said, you could run slower RAM and run a different memory divider, but in my experience, stuff is a lot smoother with the faster RAM.
 
Back
Top