ram cooling

jros

Weaksauce
any ideas on what would be good for cooling 2 sticks of mushkin ram?

thanks. i was looking at coolers like that one, but was unsure of the results. as it is only 4 dollars, i think i will order me up one and test it out.

jros said:
thanks. i was looking at coolers like that one, but was unsure of the results. as it is only 4 dollars, i think i will order me up one and test it out.
Yeah, I was able to squeeze out 5 more MHz (250MHz -> 255MHz) by putting the fan on the ram.

thanks! that was exactly what i was looking for :)

edit: would there be enough space to add a 60-80mm adapter in addition to the 40-60mm?

jros said:
thanks! that was exactly what i was looking for :)

edit: would there be enough space to add a 60-80mm adapter in addition to the 40-60mm?

im not sure.. never tried that. i would make it quieter, but it'll probably look hella weird and have no increase in performance.

lol :p i was just wondering so i didnt have to go buy some more fans even though theyre like 10 bucks. thanks for the help

jros said:
lol :p i was just wondering so i didnt have to go buy some more fans even though theyre like 10 bucks. thanks for the help

Just buy one or two 80mm fans and find a way to position them over your RAM slots with zip ties or rubber bands or anything.

Back