• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

RAM and MOBO compatability woes

option141

Gawd
Joined
Dec 7, 2003
Messages
880
*Sigh* here goes my story of how i tried to OC.

2 Months ago, I learned how easy it was to OC. So i took the precaution steps, and tested my RAM with memtest86. I got a shitload of errors, so i inquired on what it could be here at [H], and most of you told me to RMA my ram. So i did.

I get the RAM back about 3 weeks ago, pop it in and run memtest86. Still get shitload of errors. I ignore it and forget OCing. About 1.5 weeks ago, it was so bad I couldnt even play CS:S, it would crash.

I RMA my motherboard. I get it, and get everything running. Run Memtest86, I'm still getting about 130,000+ errors. I havnt even tried running CS:S.

My mobo:
Abit IC7-G MaxII Advanced
My RAM:
Corsair XMS TwinX (1 GB) of PC3200 (2 x 512MB sticks)

I think i'm going to get kingston hyperX...then I'll actually be able to OC my 2.8C that idles at 29C -_-
 
Same mobo, different ram manufacturer prob.
I'm running hyperx in my rig, went from 2x256pc3500 to 2x512pc4300

when I wanted to go 1 gb, I grabbed some ocz, gold, platinum, platinum ltd edition whatever..

every single set had issues with memtest trying to run at so called rated speeds and voltages...
 
yea, i sent another email to corsair. they offered to replace the RAM again. I think i'm going to try to sell the RAM to someone on the forums - since the ram is practically brand new and can be RMAed easily through corsair (you dont need proof of purchase).

so you are happy with your hyperX? You're not the first person - everyone says their kingston kicks ass, ugh man, i'm angry.

lol.
 
Back
Top