Rain is good for your CPU

SpoogeMonkey

2[H]4U
Yesterday afternoon we had a good thunderstorm come through. Temperatures dropped from mid 90's down to mid 60's.

I happened to notice after a couple hours, that my cpu load temp dropped down to 38C, which is 5-6C less than what is has been with the heat-wave we've had and the extra vcore I added (1.52vcore)

Since things were nice n cool, I decided to play around about with my OC. Just for giggles, I decided to bump vcore up abit (1.56v) and push my htt higher.

I was able to get to 2833 (314 x 9) quite easily, so I pushed further. I got up to 2854 (317 x 9) before prime froze up. Backed down to 2833mhz, let folding and prime95 run all night. Prime was still going strong this morning, almost 13 hrs later. I set everything back to "normal" 2772mhz (308 x 9) before I left for work, cuz I knew the cool temps wouldn't last long once the sun came out.

This is making me anxious for my H20-Apex kit to get here, as I should be able to get close to 2850 on water :D

lol, I know where you are coming from. I love the florida heat, but not when it comes to my pc. Even with the ac on my pc room is just plain hot. Usually between 78 and 80F.

Luckily, I'm wc'ed so I don't have a problem but I can't wait to move back to NY and get a nice cold 69 degree house and man will I oc my ass off (I am already, but even more so)
:D

Back