• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

RAID1

Jay_2

2[H]4U
Joined
Mar 20, 2006
Messages
3,583
I currently have a SCSI disk that has a lot of info I would hate to loose. I back it up etc but I also now want to setup a RAID 1 Disk array,

Would it be better to simply buy two new drives, setup the array and then copy the data over or could i some how buy a second SCSI drive (the same) and build the array with the current hard drive without loosing the data I have?
 
I currently have a SCSI disk that has a lot of info I would hate to loose. I back it up etc but I also now want to setup a RAID 1 Disk array

Going to a RAID 1 Array is not going to eliminate the need to perfrom some form of backup ... it will just keep the data online in case of a drive failure.

Would it be better to simply buy two new drives, setup the array and then copy the data over or could i some how buy a second SCSI drive (the same) and build the array with the current hard drive without loosing the data I have?

Dependent upon the controller you use ... you can just buy a second drive.
 
thanks

and yes, i know that i still need to back the data up but I want to make sure I have as close to 100% availability as possible,
 
Back
Top