RAID1 and Intel RST on Z87

rastaban

Gawd
I just upgraded from X58 to Z87 and I'm having trouble understanding if there is a difference in RAID setup or if I did something wrong.

Old mobo: EVGA X58 Classified (E760)
On the old system, I set up a RAID1 with 2x300GB drives through the "control+I" screen, and then installed Intel RST. iirc, the RAID1 showed up as a single volume in Disk Management and was demarcated as a RAID1 array in Intel RST (separate drives shown).

New mobo: MSI MPower Max Z87
In the new system, I'm making a RAID1 with 2x3TB drives (Seagate NAS drives) through the "control+I" screen, and then installed Intel RST. However, the drives appear separate in Disk Management:
UA4MyXs.png1

I partitioned them as GPT to keep them full size, and then right-clicked one of them and selected "create a mirrored volume." I definitely did not have to do this in the old system.
What bothers me most, is that RST does not indicate any type of RAID setup and in the new version (RST for 8 series chipset), there is no "Create" button, and no signs of write back cache options.
jq5qhnV.png

So in the end I think I didn't do something correctly. In the first screenshot, the 2 mirrored disks (3&4) appear to be resyncing. Is this normal? I'm currently moving about 600GB of media onto it but don't know if there was a problem. RST shows a normal status. Any help would be really appreciated!

You appear to be doing windows OS raid 1 instead of the raid 1 that RST provides.

Thanks for the response. And crap...that's what I feared. Is that why RST isn't giving me any options? It took a whole night to move all that data over X(

Back