• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

RAID Sata and Pata?

Jinto

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Aug 10, 2006
Messages
1,844
I have a PATA Seagate 7200.10 320gb (bought the wrong one on newegg awhile ago -.-"). Wondering if i buy the same drive except in SATA can I raid them? I have a Asus P5W motherboard. Never tried RAID before so would like to know. Thanks!
 
Linux software raid should allow you to do that. I know that nVidia's raid controller does it in 'firmware' as well. I do not know if Intel firmware RAID allows you to do it.
 
Im hoping to avoid software raid. Does anyone know whether this can work with the Asus P5W?

If I cant do it directly will a pata to sata adapter work?
 
lixuelai said:
If I cant do it directly will a pata to sata adapter work?
Most likely. It does introduce another component, making the system more complex, thereby reducing the overall reliability. But that is the case regardless of whether you do cross-interface RAID or use an adapter.
 
Back
Top