• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

raid question

p-n-p

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 11, 2006
Messages
164
what will I end up for storage space if I raid 0 w/ 2-320GB hd's
 
I think that with RAID 0, there is no overhead, so you have access to all of the disk space. Of course, if one of the drives fails, everything is gone.
 
I ended up with 598GB with my two seagate .10s

But since your running a Intel Matrix controller you might want to look at setting up a small backup partition too.

Ex, I have 2x320 and have 500Gb for raid0 and 48Gb mirrored (raid1) on the two drives. Both have windows, both are bootable. If I want to back something up off my raid0 drive, I just put it on the mirrored section and now have 2 backups of it.

Couldn't be happier with my setup.
 
"598 GB" according to Microsoft would probably be 598 GiB according to most others and what they teach in schools these days.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gibibyte

598 GiB = 598 * 2^30 ~ 642.1 * 10^9 ~ 2 * 320 * 10^9 = 2 * 320 GB.

I have 2x 300 GB drives here in RAID 0. Microsoft shows

"Capacity: 600,173,969,408 bytes 558 GB"

I'd call this 600 GB, also 558 GiB.
 
este said:
If I want to back something up off my raid0 drive, I just put it on the mirrored section and now have 2 backups of it.
And when a virus corrupts that file on one disk, the corruption is instantly automatically replicated to the other disk. What you have is *not* a backup. Backups are read-only, permanent, and off-site.
 
Back
Top