Hi,
I just upgraded my PC and decided to install a RAID 0 for the OS and games (leaving pictures, music and documents on a separate drive). Since the Mobo had SATA3 support, I went out and picked up a couple SATA3 Seagate 500gb drives. I plugged them in to the brown intel SATA3 ports and entered the BIOS SATA configuration page... but it is locked into AHCI, the only thing I can do is enable/disable SMART (the drives show up in ports 1 and 2 (intel sata3), and the dvd drive in port 6 (intel sata2)). Naturally, I cant enter the IRST screen because RAID isnt enabled. What am I doing wrong? The only thing I can think of is to update the BIOS, which I'll try later, but is there anything else I should try?
I just upgraded my PC and decided to install a RAID 0 for the OS and games (leaving pictures, music and documents on a separate drive). Since the Mobo had SATA3 support, I went out and picked up a couple SATA3 Seagate 500gb drives. I plugged them in to the brown intel SATA3 ports and entered the BIOS SATA configuration page... but it is locked into AHCI, the only thing I can do is enable/disable SMART (the drives show up in ports 1 and 2 (intel sata3), and the dvd drive in port 6 (intel sata2)). Naturally, I cant enter the IRST screen because RAID isnt enabled. What am I doing wrong? The only thing I can think of is to update the BIOS, which I'll try later, but is there anything else I should try?