• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

RAID missing?

Corporal79

Gawd
Joined
Oct 28, 2004
Messages
889
I picked up a Dell Poweredge 4400 a little while back and was using it as a file server. I wanted to physically move the server to another location in my basement so I shut it down and moved it to where I wanted it. Now when I power on the server it goes through it's POST with no problems until it gets to where it would boot from the HD.

There are a total of 5 36GB 10K SCSI drives in it, 4 of them that I use for the data are setup in a RAID 5 and the solo drive is for the OS (xp pro)

I used the RAID utility to initially set the containers up but I don't have the option to enter the utility anymore.

I get "Controller Kernel Stopped Running" eePROM test failed error
BIOS not installed!

I have a pretty significant amount of data on this RAID and I would love to recover it.

Is the controller dead?
 
Back
Top