RAID messed up on upgrade

Michael Daly

[H]ard|Gawd
I decided to upgrade from a C2D to a Q6600. To do this, I had to upgrade the BIOS on my Gigabyte P965-DQ6 V1 from F9 to F12.

Now that everything is complete, the RAID drives are messed up. I had two 320GB drives in RAID1. When I booted for the first time with the new CPU, it said that only one drive was in the RAID volume and it was operating in degraded mode.

I tried to figure out how to convince the ICH8 configuration utility to add the other drive to the volume with no success. I then managed to convince it to drop the first from the volume so now neither drive is in the volume.

While it's not a high priority (I've been considering dropping the RAID1 for a while), is there a way to get both disks back into the RAID1 volume without losing any data?

If not, I'm just going to reconfigure with the two drives separate.

put the first on back in the volume to where it is a degraded array
take the other drive and format it completely, then try adding it to the array by doing a rebuild it should then copy all the data from the the good drive to the newly formatted drive then youll have your array back. In short trick it into thinking that you replaced the one drive.

Back