RAID manager software

kumquat

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm running WHS 2011 with a Dell Perc 5/i card. Is there some software package I can use to monitor and/or manage the RAID array? I'd like to get alerts if a drive goes down, view rebuild activity, etc.

Thanks for the link, but all these packages only list MegaRAID controllers as supported. Will it work anyway?

OK now which of these packages do I want? It's hard to tell what difference there is.

Awesome, thanks. Got it installed and it's building the array as we speak.

I can't get email alerts to work for the life of me though. No matter what I put in I get the "The test email could not be sent" error with no additional details. I'm 100% sure the SMTP server settings are correct. I've even tried two different ones that I know work. Anyone have any ideas?

MSM would not send out e-mails on my systems either--untill I used SMTP Authentication. Tracing the SMTP session showed that it was trying to authenticate even when it wasn't enabled, but putting in a valid username and password made it work.

Been trying that. Outgoing settings should be mobile-smtp.roadrunner.com with email address as username and my webmail password. No security. Works on my phone but not here.

Also tried using just the IP address. Then tried using my school's servers which require SSL. Still no dice.

I wish it told you where it was erroring out.

I ended up installing the SMTP server on WHS 2011. It's relaying the messages, but here's the weird thing: when I do the test in MSM, it still gives me the error message. But the test goes through.

Oh well, whatever. It's sending the proper emails so I won't worry about it.

Back