• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Raid Controller LSI 9260-4i help needed

ldeep

n00b
Joined
Aug 23, 2011
Messages
44
ive the 9260-4i

is there a possibility to add a single drive which is NOT in a drivegroup?
 
What I've done for single drives is put them into a raid0 all by themselves. Don't do this if you plan on some sort of software raid.
 
thats the only possibility if you want to have a single drive.. i guess u cant make it without drivegroup?
 
photo-0.JPG


photo-1.JPG


photo-2.JPG


photo-3.JPG


photo-4.JPG



there.. its not possible to have the single drive not in a span/drivegroup..

how should i config the raid5 and the single ssd?
 
you have to config the single ssd as a raid0. there is no jbod.

so make the raid5 of your drives, and make a raid0 of the last drive by itself.
 
I didnt feel like turning my head, but yes


hey, by the way, they recently updated the firmware. if you haven't gone too far along, I would do it now.
 
if you already have the firmware from april, stick with that I guess. the august firmware doesn't have any other changes listed except for adding cachecade 2.0 support, which you have to buy as an addon. if you're on the feb or older firmware though, I would definitely upgrade to the latest.

http://www.lsi.com/channel/products/storagecomponents/Pages/MegaRAIDSAS9260-4i.aspx

I've always done it through the os. if you're on linux they provide instructions for megacli. if you're on windows, you can use megacli, or install megaraid storage manager and do it in there. you can probably do it from something like a ubuntu live cd if you deal with that, otherwise just go ahead with your OS install like normal and do it in there.

it's a non destructive update, but I always just get it out of the way before I really start customizing things just in case it decided to blow up.
 
Back
Top