• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

raid card purchase

Just_Visiting

Weaksauce
Joined
Feb 3, 2008
Messages
77
I've been looking at the LSI 9260-4i for my new build. Newegg has them on sale. My plan is to use it with the new chenbro expander to go into my new norco 4224 running Openfiler. I have 5 new Hitachi 3TB's sitting here along with 16 1TB Western Digital WD1001FALS. My current box has 8 1TB's on a perc 5 card and will stay in production as a spare. I haven't picked up the chenbro expander yet so for now I'll only be using the 4 Hitachi drives.

Any other suggestions on a single port SAS RAID 6 card? I briefly looked at the following adapters:

adaptec 6405
3ware 9750-4i
 
Back
Top