Raid card not recognized (Intel RMS25PB080)

WesM63

2[H]4U
I picked up an Intel RMS25PB080 off ebay. The card was supposedly a new customer return and "bench tested". However, I cannot for the life of me get any system to recognize it.

Just want to make sure i'm not missing something obvious here before I request a refund. I'm starting the refund process in 24hrs.

System 1 - Asus H97I-Plus. It's a mITX board with a single PCI-E x16 3.0 slot. I tried every combination known to man. Turned off fast boot, set to pci-e 2.0, turned off onboard sata, etc, etc, etc. Tested slot with an old ATI 5450 gpu, worked perfectly.

System 2 - Gigabyte 970A-UD3. Tried it in both PCI-E x16 slots. Same thing here, disable fast boot, disabled onboard sata, etc. This one did show "LS120" in the boot menu but I never got the Intel Raid Utility graphic and hitting <CTRL+G> did nothing. Tried a 128gb SSD (with os) and a blank 320GB Sata drive. Still nothing. ATI 5450 worked in both slots.

System 3 - Supermicro H8DME-2. This system has PCI-E x8 slots. Tried both. Same resuts. Disabled fast boot, disabled onboard sata and tried drives connected to card. Nothing. Didn't have anyhting else to test the PCI-E slots in this one.

Any other suggestions, something obvious i'm missing?

Does it show up in an OS? Might just have the option ROM disabled.

Nope. No new device wizard, nothing in device manager. I even installed the intel rweb utility and it couldn't see it either. (OS is Server 2012 Essentials)

Intel Embedded RAID controller. Test in an Intel board.

Flashing to an LSI firmware is the likely requirement.

I'm working with the seller on ebay and that's what they claimed as well. I can't find any evidence to support it.

I can't test it in a intel serverboard, don't have one and don't intend on buying on. The seller is nice enough to refund my money and possibly exchange if they can find a suitable replacement.

Otherwise, a Dell Perc H700 is my next choice.

Back