Raid card + MB problem

maddude

2[H]4U
Here's the story, I've been using a Highpoint RocketRaid 2300 PCI-e card for 2 WD Green 1tb drives in my old computer, with an Asus A8R32-MVP Deluxe motherboard. I just built a new computer with a GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS4 motherboard, and when I enable the on-board Intel ICH9R sata ports, and install the RocketRaid 2300, the computer will not boot to windows or the BIOS. If I remove the hd's from the rocketraid, I'm ok, but when they are in, I can not get into the BIOS or into windows.

I am running the OS off of the Intel chipset. I have a RAID 0 set-up on the Intel, and I have that set as the boot drive in the BIOS, but when I attach the 2 drives to the rocketraid, the computer powers on, it goes through the power on test, the intel raid screen comes up and says everything is ok, then the rocketraid screen comes up and says everything is ok, and then it just sits at a black screen with a curser line blinking in the upper left hand corner. When the computer first turns on I hit delete to enter the BIOS, but I can't get into it with the rocketraid installed, and I have no idea why.

I don't even know how to explain it in a way that makes sense.

I've switched out sata cables, tried the rocketraid with different hd's... Everything I can think of. I've updated the MB BIOS, and the rocketraid BIOS. I don't know what else to do!

Please help!:(

ANSWER!!

I was able to find a solution from HighPoint. I had to dl the new BIOS again, and use their tool to edit a few settings, so now the rocketraid card is ignored by the mb as far as booting devices go and what not.

Success!

Back