• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

RAID block size and F6 option

provoko

Gawd
Joined
Aug 6, 2004
Messages
656
Two questions. First, I'll be video editing, whats the best block size? I have the options of 4kb to 128kb.

Second, I don't need to use the F6 option unless I'm actually installing windows on a RAID, correct? I can use RAID normally and have windows on a seperate drive without pushing F6, right?
 
provoko said:
Second, I don't need to use the F6 option unless I'm actually installing windows on a RAID, correct? I can use RAID normally and have windows on a seperate drive without pushing F6, right?
correct, if you have a PATA boot disk or your SATA boot disk is on a controller which 'natively' supports windows (nForce 4 for example). If the latter, there may be some other 'complicated' issues.
 
Back
Top