• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Raid 6 Stripe Recommendations

JJ91284

Gawd
2FA
Joined
Mar 28, 2007
Messages
696
I have a nice htpc that I put together and setting up my raid 6 setup

PC Specs

I7 4771
MSI Z87m
16gb Crucial DDR3
EVGA 750TI
Xfi titanium
Crucial M500 512gb ssd
LSI 9361-8i
6 WD Red 4 TB drives

I have a 12 gb/s LSI 9361-8i hooked up to 6 western digital 4 tb drives. I'm mainly using this to store all my movies on it and also will use this occasionally to backup all my other pc's too. I'll also will use it as a backup gaming pc if either my main rig goes down or if I have some people over. What size block should I setup for this raid 6, I was thinking 256 or 512.
 
Back
Top