• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Raid 1 & New Mobo Xfering?

iRoNeTiK

Vodka Martinis are for the Weak
Joined
Aug 4, 2003
Messages
1,417
Hi,

I'm going to get a new computer pretty much (cpu, motherboard, ram and gpu) and I have a raid 0 & raid 1 setup. I'm not too worried about the 2 drives in Raid 0 since that is OS and I'm going to format that anyways but I'm wondering about my raid 1 drives (2x320gigs).

Can I just disconnect the drives and hook them up to the new motherboard and then rebuild the array or will I lose the data on both drives by doing so? My backup plan is just to copy my data on my 320gig HDD to my external 500gb HDD and then but if I don't need to do that, that would be great.

Thanks for any info :D
 
Hi,

I'm going to get a new computer pretty much (cpu, motherboard, ram and gpu) and I have a raid 0 & raid 1 setup. I'm not too worried about the 2 drives in Raid 0 since that is OS and I'm going to format that anyways but I'm wondering about my raid 1 drives (2x320gigs).

Can I just disconnect the drives and hook them up to the new motherboard and then rebuild the array or will I lose the data on both drives by doing so? My backup plan is just to copy my data on my 320gig HDD to my external 500gb HDD and then but if I don't need to do that, that would be great.

Thanks for any info :D

In most config Raid 1 is kind of universal. You should be able to break the array and rebuild. What man is doing the RAID on the board?
 
My backup plan is just to copy my data on my 320gig HDD to my external 500gb HDD and then but if I don't need to do that, that would be great.

make sure you copy your data to your 500gb anyways. we cannot be absolutely sure everything will go fine.
 
Back
Top