• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

RAID 0 safety

dMb

n00b
Joined
Oct 24, 2006
Messages
53
well, i'm completely new to the RAID setup, so before i actually get one, i was just wonder how safe exactly is RAID 0? I've got a looot of stuff that i really dont want to risk losing, so is there any higher chance of failure with RAID 0?
 
Yes, there is a higher risk.. If 1 drive goes bad you loose all your data on both drives,(sans forensic data recovery of course).. If used in conjunction with a good backup regimen it can be fairly safe.. By good I mean backing up to DVD and or removable drive..

Unless you really need the extra speed it is best just to leave raid 0 alone..
 
Dont put data you cant afford to lose on a RAID 0 setup !
Everyone I know who had RAID 0 has had it fail at least once.
Transferring RAID 0 to another motherboard often requires a complete reformat.
 
Ive been using Raid 0 for around 4 years now and could never go back. I have never had it fail on me.

I do though reinstall windows about once every month, just to keep it clean, as I love a fresh desktop and well the full install takes about 10 Minutes. I don't keep any sensitive data on my Raid 0, all that data is in a Raid 1 config.



Just get some small drives like Raptor 36gb drives and put them in raid 0, fucking amazing.
 
Do not put anything you cannot do without on a RAID0 array. That simple. I love RAID0, but All of my imprtant data gets backed up to other internal HDDs and other computers.
 
Back
Top