• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

RAID 0 Question

y2kdread

Weaksauce
Joined
Jan 23, 2004
Messages
102
I am running raid 0 on my PC now, and i plan on upgrading keeping the HDs and run raid on the new one. Is it possible to keep the partitions (except C) when I stick it in my new one? I would much rather just format do that instead of burning everything to a DVD.
 
Unless the RAID controller in your new system is the same as the one you have now, I doubt VERY much it will work......
 
I doubt it as well. The RAID controller must be able to read the metadata off of the disks to determine how they were positioned in the RAID array, what block size was used, etc before any data can be read off of the array. This is another reason why using RAID in general is not such a good idea on the desktop.
 
any other good way to backup the computer without using 80 million DVDs or taking forever to transfer?
 
My RAID 0 has moved 3 generations. It seems every RAID controller built into motherboards these days are Promies controllers. I have yet to have issue with mine.

Abit NF7-S2
Abit NF8v
ASUS K8N

Back your crap up onto DVD if your gonna RAID 0 it.
 
Back
Top