joaquimjssoares
n00b
- Joined
- May 22, 2008
- Messages
- 18
Hi Guys,
I had my system with 2 Samsung HDD in Raid 0. Everything was perfect until last week or so when I noticed that everytime I opened Outlook, I got a message saying that the data couldn't be saved properly last time it closed. But apart from that everything looked fine.
Yesterday I got this other error saying that one of my disks in my raid array is failling and that I should do a data backup. I did for everything I could, except my email as I can't open Outlook now. The computer freezes and then I get a blue screen with some data saying trying to recovering information from hard drive.
My questions are:
- Is there any utility I can run to understand in more detail what is the problem
- Is it possible that the HDD is not ruined?
- How to proceed from here? Do I have to re-install the OS? (hope not)
Thanks so much for your help.
JS
I had my system with 2 Samsung HDD in Raid 0. Everything was perfect until last week or so when I noticed that everytime I opened Outlook, I got a message saying that the data couldn't be saved properly last time it closed. But apart from that everything looked fine.
Yesterday I got this other error saying that one of my disks in my raid array is failling and that I should do a data backup. I did for everything I could, except my email as I can't open Outlook now. The computer freezes and then I get a blue screen with some data saying trying to recovering information from hard drive.
My questions are:
- Is there any utility I can run to understand in more detail what is the problem
- Is it possible that the HDD is not ruined?
- How to proceed from here? Do I have to re-install the OS? (hope not)
Thanks so much for your help.
JS