• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

raid 0 on mg question.

Gibbage

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 29, 2004
Messages
444
So I have a q6600 on a Gigabytes ep35-ds3p mb and the motherboard died on me along with a power supply and a set of Corsair hs1 headsets. Bad day! To cap things off, my boot system is on a raid 0. Its a good thing that I backed up some of my critical files 15 mins before it died (ironic?), but I still want to get photos off the raid and stuff. Is it possible to buy the same motherboard and keep the stripe intact? From what I know you can't hook up a stripe created from 1 system onto another. Is this true? What are my option if any?

Kevin
 
Yes i've done that before. Had my motherboard die due to an underpowered PSU, and didn't have any of my data backed up on my raid 0 array. I bought a motherboard with the exact same raid controller (not even the same model board) and got all my data back off my array that way.
 
Tks. First bit of good news I have had all week. The hard part is finding this old LGA 775 mobo. I found one on Ebay though. Im thinkin im going to get a new system and buy the old MB so I can drag the data off of it as long as its not too expensive. Maybe someone in the FSOT forums has an old DS3P laying around they wanna get rid of.
 
If you were using the orange ports, then any newer Intel board with RAID capability (ICH9R/10R/11R) should be able to recognize your array.
 
Back
Top