• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

RAID 0 on 1 cable

kubalaTF

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 5, 2004
Messages
401
For some reason putting 2 RAID 0 drives on the same IDE cable doesn't sound like a good idea. Can the motherboard use both at the same time if there's only 1 cable? I'd think that it'd work at its best with 2 cables. Am I just plain wrong with this?

Also, whats with newegg charging $2 for a rounded cable and $5 for shipping? There has to be a better way to get rounded cables.
 
unhappy_mage said:
http://www.compgeeks.com/details.asp?invtid=R24133-GREY&cat=CBL

shipping is $7 for 2 to my zip... a little better, I guess. Each drive on a seperate cable is best. It will work, though.

I hate how the $2 items all have $5 shipping and even if you get 2 it doesn't drop. I'd rather have $5 items and $2 shipping, it seems more honest to me.

No shit, they should at least lie to us to make us feel better. I KNOW that cable doesn't weigh enough to cost 5 bucks.
 
kubalaTF said:
No shit, they should at least lie to us to make us feel better. I KNOW that cable doesn't weigh enough to cost 5 bucks.


Shipping and handling

Shipping =

Price to ship.

Handling = Time to package + cost of materials.

A cardboard box + some foam + someone sticking it in the box + someone else printing a packing slip .. at the very least... takes 10 minutes in a company (sad... I know) when you put everything together.

If joe boxfiller makes $10 an hour.. thats $1.50 just for him. + the $3 that it DOES cost..


Why can't people understand this?

Now..

On a side note. I wouldn't buy a $3 ide cable. I'd spend some money on a good teflon cable or 2 or those copper wrapped cables from sidewindercomputers.com
but.. that's just me.

Good quality drive over crappy quality wire = crappy quality drive.
 
Don't worry bout the $3 cable, I'm doing frozenCPU. But comon, you have to admit that there's something wrong with $5 for shipping.
 
Back
Top