Raid 0 disk read error

Hey all, I am trying to get raid 0 on my new computer but I just cant get it to work :rolleyes: when I set it up in BIOS I enable raid and the hard drives, set up an array, and boot from the windows cd. I go through all that blue screen stuff and hit f6, insert the floppy...then it comes to restarting the computer and when it trys to boot again I get a disk read error...hit ctrlaltdel to restart...

any ideas?

Thanks for any help

a little more info would help :) such as raid controller, motherboard, drives etc.

Gotta ask, did change the boot order in the bios to raid or SCSI?

I have a DFI lanparty UT nF4 Ultra-D socket 939...the raid disk that came with it didnt work so I downloaded the driver at the DFI site HERE

Hard drives: Western Digital Caviar SE WD800JD 80GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache Serial ATA150 Hard Drive

"Gotta ask, did change the boot order in the bios to raid or SCSI?"
Just went into the bios and enabled raid...didnt mess with boot order except to boot from cd

Sorry gladiator, I have zero experience with DFI boards. They do seem to be pretty popular so maybe someone who has faced this issue will be able to point you in the right direction.

Just to clarify because its towards the end of the day here and my ass is dragging did you set it to boot off the controller/array? Enabling the raid controller and setting the machine to boot to it are two different things in the bios' ive seen.

Try a BIOS update. On my ICH5R system I had months ago, two Samsung SP1213C's in RAID-0 would give a "Disk Read Error has Occurred - Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to Restart" when it attempted to boot from the disks for the GUI phase of Windows XP installation. Updating the mobo's BIOS fixed the problem, as the BIOS updated also included an update to the firmware for the SATA controller. Check DFI's site and see if there are any BIOS updates that specifically address SATA compatibility, you may need to look through the beta BIOS section. Try asking at DFI-Street as well.

Back