• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Raid 0 and hdd format

Matas

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 16, 2006
Messages
438
For now I have 1x Samsung HD160JJ (Sata2/8Mb/NCQ) and I'm going to buy the second HD160JJ and put them into Raid 0.
The question is: before putting them into Raid 0, should I format my Samsung HD160JJ to have it clean?
 
No need.

Once in raid format the pair, I recommend against using the Quick Format option.
 
longblock454 said:
No need.

Once in raid format the pair, I recommend against using the Quick Format option.

Is it necessary to format after putting them in Raid?
 
In most instances, the RAID array creation process will "destroy" all the previous data on the HDD. If your RAID creating process does this, you will have to treat the array like a new HDD, i.e. format it.
 
Back
Top