Rage performance issues (6950 2GB xfire and eyefinity)

guitarguy6

[H]ard|Gawd
I got a free Rage Steam code the other day and have been really enjoying the game. Asides from the crummy story and less than stellar graphics I've been having a blast. The problem is the extremely low FPS I'm getting, especially when outside driving around.

PC specs: i7 920 @ 3.60GHz, 6GB DDR-3, 6950 2GB in xfire, game is installed on 2 X 500gb raid 0, Windows 7 ultimate 64bit, gaming in eyefinity 5760X1080

In town I get roughly 40-60fps but as soon as I'm driving around it ranges from 17FPS to min 40's. I've tried disabling xfire and same issue occurs. I've also turned everything to low or off and also tried lower eyefinity resolutions but still have performance issues. I'm using the 12.1 drivers and the new cap 3 profile.

Any reason why my FPS is so low?

you can try the 12.2 drivers, but i wouldn't really expect it to fix anything. the game just runs like crap.. other option is overclocking the crap out of 920 in hopes it fixes the issues.

you can try the 12.2 drivers, but i wouldn't really expect it to fix anything. the game just runs like crap.. other option is overclocking the crap out of 920 in hopes it fixes the issues.

Is my 920 @ 3.60GHz a bottleneck in this game?

No. Pretty sure this game is a horror show for amd and that is that. Not at ALL a finished game.

Don't worry about it. Game is not worth the effort.

The thing is I never played because of all the bad things I heard. Turns out I actually like the game. The thing is it's hard to play at less than 30FPS. I'm going to try gaming on 1 monitor instead of eyefinity and see how it goes.

People will never catch on to the fact that naming it RAGE was an in joke. Game should have been released on April 1st.

Ended up finishing the game and unlike everyone else on this forum I loved it. That is.... until I got to the "ending". What a piece of utter shit. I still can't believe it...

Game was fun, ending sucked. I might check out online play.

Video issues are AMD's inability to properly support OpenGL.

Back