rage or fallout

WIth graphics that put the games in question to shame.

You forgot the crappy gun mechanics, gun sounds, dialogue boxes, PITA inventory, questionable hit detection etc.
Metro is the only game with great GFX, but it's game and gunplay is as boring as hell.

You forgot the crappy gun mechanics, gun sounds, dialogue boxes, PITA inventory, questionable hit detection etc.
Metro is the only game with great GFX, but it's game and gunplay is as boring as hell.

I actually enjoyed Metro quite a bit, including gameplay. However it is short and doesn't really have any replayability. Still glad I got it, but I don't hold it up as a great game.

The graphics I'm kinda meh on. It looks really cool in DX11 mode, but runs like shit. That fails to impress. You can always get better graphics by just requiring insane amounts of hardware (like Crysis). Also I've seen better looking games (BF3) that run better.

ooops! only now i realized "omg i didnt post any pic with DOGMEAT in it!!" so.. well...

screenshot17f.jpg

NOW im happy! :D

The graphics I'm kinda meh on. It looks really cool in DX11 mode, but runs like shit. That fails to impress. You can always get better graphics by just requiring insane amounts of hardware (like Crysis). Also I've seen better looking games (BF3) that run better.

Well if BF3 looks better than Metro, colour me impressed.
Metro's resolution, lighting and water reflections are extremely impressive, and it's probably why it wants a 7950 or better.

Metro is also poorly optimized, not to the extent GTA IV was, but it's relatively poorly optimized on the pc.

Metro is also poorly optimized, not to the extent GTA IV was, but it's relatively poorly optimized on the pc.

GTA looks like ass compared to either Metro or Crysis1 maxed though.
When I see Metro or Crysis maxed and compare to other games I have, I question whether they're demanding because of poor coding or because of the extreme image quality.

When I see Metro or Crysis maxed and compare to other games I have, I question whether they're demanding because of poor coding or because of the extreme image quality.

I don't agree. First of all most of Metro is a bunch of very small areas with AI that pretty much just waits for you.

Yes, Crysis is impressive and a good sandbox title but once again the AI kind of just seems to wait for you. On top of that there is a lot less going on than in GTA4.

GTA 4 really does feel like a living, breathing, world. There is more going in In GTA 4 than just about every other game that I can think of. Look at Saints' Row 3. It doesn't look better than GTA and the pop ins are obscene. I never really noticed any popins in GTA4.

I don't get why people bitch when they can't max out a game. GTA was perfectly playable at launch of you were willing to swallow your pride and turn down a few settings.

I think that GTA looks very good. You show me one game with a world that large and seamless that looks half as good.

Yeah, the game with some of the most impressive lighting and shadows is highly unoptimized. God damn people throw that "unoptimized' crap around way too often. Its become some bullshit catch phrase that people love to throw around.

Quit bitching and turn down a setting or two.

I was moreso referring to raw image quality.

How the hell does GTA 4 look bad? The lighting and shadows look great for a game that came out almost thee years ago. The textures also look really good. Again you have to keep in mind that its a massive dynamic world.

Didn't mean to start a graphics debate, I'm just making the point that it's hard to call a game 'low rent' when the graphics are better, regardless of gameplay.

And I'm a gampley > graphics guy

Never had a problem with a single thing you mentioned. Crappy gun mechanics? The weapons were awesome! How many games have pneumatic or electric weapons you can manually pump up. My only complaint was even though its mostly a stealth game the AI would alert everyone even if you were only discovered by one person.

I actually played STALKER because of this thread. I bought it years ago and probably only played ten minutes of it and dropped it after that. Now that I took the time to actually immerse myself in the game it really is great.

ss_dragon_11-06-12_16-46-09_l01_escape.jpg

A couple of enemy stalkers enjoying some mutated boar bbq.

I actually played STALKER because of this thread. I bought it years ago and probably only played ten minutes of it and dropped it after that. Now that I took the time to actually immerse myself in the game it really is great.
A couple of enemy stalkers enjoying some mutated boar bbq.

I had a similar experience. I think you really need to be in a certain mood to enjoy the STALKER games. They were on my backlog forever and I never had more than a passing interest in them, then one day I was extremely bored and fired up the first game and it completely sucked me in. I took time off work and beat all three games in like a week :D.

However, I tried to play through the series again a few months ago but ran into the same problem I had the first time around and couldn't get into it. Still one of my favorite games ever though, I think I'm just too busy with other stuff atm.

ON TOPIC: Definitely pick Fallout 3 with Wanderer's Edition over RAGE.

You're obviously very easy to please.

Not really... i really had no problems with the things mentioned and the sound was good too. Metro offered a bit more then your average linear shooter with excellent atmosphere and option for stealth which is pretty rare in fps's now days. I like to think of it as the best parts of stalker put together in a more streamlined package.

Rage is a excellent example of highly polished turd and how a open world can make a game much worse. The gunplay that all the kiddies rage about these days was excellent in rage but everything else was just awful. Very long winded character and boring story and rather pointless driving back and forth the game would be actually tolerable if it had been more focused and whole sections just completely removed. But still even on the hard difficulty you could just sprint up to almost every enemy in the game and blast them point blank with the shotgun before they could react... just a awful game.

You have obviously not seen the amount of high quality graphics mod's available for GTA IV, big thanks to ice la glace, check out some ice enhancer mods doode. :)

why the hell is this thread 8 pages? fps or rpg is the only question.

also, i would like a new fallout game :D

You have obviously not seen the amount of high quality graphics mod's available for GTA IV, big thanks to ice la glace, check out some ice enhancer mods doode. :)

No, I'm not silly enough to compare vanilla vs modded.

why the hell is this thread 8 pages? fps or rpg is the only question.

also, i would like a new fallout game :D

mmmm a new fallout would be cool. skyrim was tight but i didnt even beat the main story. i felt like fallout was more intriguing or maybe i was younger and could actually play through an entire game then

You MF'ers, I just started a new NV game... again.

i dumped probably 140 hours into 3 and maybe 50 hours into NV...on 360.

next time NV complete is on sale on steam i think i might have to pick it up to experience the mods

NVegas HC+VHard makes the game worlds contents, perks, and money far more important than playing on normal or lower, so for those who're about to start again/first time play, this is the best way to experience all the game has to offer, but I'm still pissed they excluded Bobbleheads!!!!

..but I'm still pissed they excluded Bobbleheads!!!!

bobbleheads?? OMG i didnt post any pics of my bobbleheads!! no worries! easily fixed!

bscreenshot391.jpg

+ a few having fun at the expense of those funny little monkeys from space! :D

a1screenshot171.jpg

a2screenshot173.jpg

a3screenshot172.jpg

:D

well, you should have wrapped those in a spoiler=NSFW tag.

also did not realize there were 20 bobbleheads in NV. I really enjoyed it, may have to get around to the DLC.

well, you should have wrapped those in a spoiler=NSFW tag.

also did not realize there were 20 bobbleheads in NV. I really enjoyed it, may have to get around to the DLC.

The bobbleheads aren't in the original game,it's one of the many mods out there. I think Lonesome Road and Dead Money are the best of the DLC's.

what are you talking about? those are obviously fallout 3 screens, duh :rolleyes: youre sure you saw "new vegas" or "fallout" written in the title of those games you've played? because theres no "bobbleheads" in nv, its "snowglobes" :rolleyes:, let me explain it to you: nv=snowglobes, fallout 3=bobbleheads, see?

Back