rage or fallout

She needs to eat extra Brahmin beef or else she won't survive the wasteland for long.

Yeah, I so don't get those mods. They totally break the immersion imo. I think that project beauty hd or what ever its called these days is more than enough of a character overhaul. It also really enhances the immersion for me.

Yeah, I so don't get those mods. They totally break the immersion imo. I think that project beauty hd or what ever its called these days is more than enough of a character overhaul. It also really enhances the immersion for me.

Yeah, I just have a hard time equating beauty with toothpick arms with no armpits with a body that needs to run around in the shower just to get wet. But hey, I guess some people enjoy it. I mean I guess it's sort of alien if you like that sort of thing.

but anyways, yeah tons of awesome mods for these games.

when you find yourself installing anime hud icons and models with dicks and tits flopping every which way, it's time to re-evaluate your priorities.

what the fuck is the last page...

when you find yourself installing anime hud icons and models with dicks and tits flopping every which way, it's time to re-evaluate your priorities.

lol... hahaha just had to laugh, sorry

Yeah, I just have a hard time equating beauty with toothpick arms with no armpits with a body that needs to run around in the shower just to get wet. But hey, I guess some people enjoy it. I mean I guess it's sort of alien if you like that sort of thing.

but anyways, yeah tons of awesome mods for these games.

So, your official point is that, judging by this filth, New Vegas is clearly superior?

what? you seeing dicks now eh? go figure :rolleyes:, check type 3 on the nexus page, it looks very explicit to me

heh! :D

So, your official point is that, judging by this filth, New Vegas is clearly superior?

Well... NV is definitely superior BUT those same mods are found in NV too. I'm still thinking about what my official point is, maybe I'm wondering why are anorexic mods popular in Fallout? Or maybe they are machines covered in human tissue able to withstand several physical blows by a super mutant with a big weapon. Why is it that in FO3, the enemies get tougher when you get tougher and people like that? I always thought that having deathclaws kind of close to the starting location in NV was pretty awesome. There are warning signs to read!

I'm digressing, no matter I'm going back to playing planescape now like a good boy.

lol

I recommend Fallout. I didn't enjoy Rage nearly as much.

I'd say Rage is a lot like Bioshock, though you do get to do a bit of exploring in some areas.

Now that the bugs have been fixed, I think RAGE is a good game. It reminded me of that movie Pandorum. As for choosing which one to get, ask yourself if you want to play a sandbox game and have fun with mods or you want a story driven experience.

fallout 3. nv is too short, too easy, too small and somewhat boring in comparison, tossed into the trashcan after a second run, still have fallout 3.

NV is too easy on very hard with Hardcore mode enabled?
That's ballshit friend!!

Rage seemed like an incomplete game to me.. the ending had that "...That's it?" feel to it. It also had a lot of graphical issues. I did enjoy it though.

Never played Fallout, but I know it is an awesome game.

Another vote for Fallout 3 over Rage. Huge modding community for Fallout 3 has kept the game going for a long, long time. Doesn't seem like a month goes by without seeing a new mod pop-up on the main community site.

I wouldn't even shit in a toilet within a hundred miles of Rage if I had just ate 10 Big Mac's and 2 pounds of fries.

Fallout ALL the way.

hahahaha:D

To be honest there was more rage from players that kept experiencing the graphics popping problem rather then rage against the storyline itself which was not bad, quite fun and unique but too short.

Dling now, but FV has excellent diff levels and far better weapons and gunplay than FO3.
Both games along with Skyrim are epic with or without mods.

I've yet to find a mod combo for New Vegas that matches what I used in FO3. The main two were MMM and FWE. The environments were just so much more immersible imo. The DC wasteland with those mods is a dangerous place.

You got to remember that most of the new ideas as far as guns, weapon mods, food and drink needs, etc all came from FO3 mods. Mostly FWE.

Either Fallout 3 or Fallout New Vegas is a 10 in a world where Rage is a 5 at best.

Honestly ( having beat F3, NV and RAGE) I'd pick the Stalker series over all of them.

Leave Fallout to what it was in the 90's.

Last edited:
Honestly I'd pick Stalker over both of them.

+1 for thinking outside the box... honestly for a "post apocolyptic" type atmosphere I loved every second of Stalker! havne't finished the other 2 of the series yet however :(

Over Fallout 3 and New Vegas? Have you played those games, too?

I played Fallout 3 for about 6 hours and stopped. I'm not really into RPG type games unless they're really well done like The Witcher 2.

I played Fallout 3 for about 6 hours and stopped. I'm not really into RPG type games unless they're really well done like The Witcher 2.

Meh, Fallout 3 and NV are two of my favorites the last couple years. I've well over 400 hours into the two of them. Beat rage in about 6 hours and never played again. The story sucked, the ending is probably the worst in gaming history, the graphics were horrible, and the game was the definition of linear.

I could never in good conscience recommend Rage to anyone.

Honestly ( having beat F3, NV and RAGE) I'd pick the Stalker series over all of them.

Stalker bit me far more so than Fallout 3. Fallout 3 and New Vegas never really let you forget you're playing a game, but having Read Roadside Picnic and played Stalker I can safely say Stalkers environment and story is far more engrossing than Fallout.

Also speaking of RPG's Stalker was also an RPG they just did an extremely good job of hiding it. Pushing everything off the character and onto the equipment made a massive difference. At no point did I ever get that feeling typical of RPG's like " Oh I did this or this wrong I need to start a new character."

Stalker bit me far more so than Fallout 3. Fallout 3 and New Vegas never really let you forget you're playing a game, but having Read Roadside Picnic and played Stalker I can safely say Stalkers environment and story is far more engrossing than Fallout.
"

Yes the environment in the Stalker series is incredible. I had always found the true events surrounding Chernobyl fascinating, so when I got to walk around the area in the game and interact with that world and experience it, it left its mark on me. ;)

This game has always been like that good book that you keep on your shelf and dust off every now and then. I just keep coming back to it.

Yes the environment in the Stalker series is incredible. I had always found the true events surrounding Chernobyl fascinating, so when I got to walk around the area in the game and interact with that world and experience it, it left its mark on me. ;)

This game has always been like that good book that you keep on your shelf and dust off every now and then. I just keep coming back to it.

Not to mention a good great deal of mods out their that you can try now and then for entertainment purposes.

Not to mention a good great deal of mods out their that you can try now and then for entertainment purposes.

Yep and the Mods that do come out for it are really deep and thought out. The game and story really has risen to cult status. I've seen pictures on the internet from people in the Ukraine doing live action Costplay near the Pripyat and the surrounding "Zone". So there is that aspect of it too.

I wanted to like it but just couldn't. The atmosphere was nice, the implementation screwed it over. The things that ruined it for me:

1) The psychic enemies. The game suffered badly form enemies seeing you at long distances, all the enemies then knowing where you are, etc. Made stealth play rather poor.

2) Poor persistence. While the game wanted to act like what you did mattered, it didn't because it didn't save state. Enemies would respawn over and over again when you changed areas. So you'd help some people clear out an area and they'd set up camp, but be wiped out later because the enemies would just respawn endlessly.

3) However what finally did it for me was the bugs. There was one point where the game just kept crashing, I could not get it to go on. So I'd had it and that was that.

I liked the idea but as often is the case, the devil is in the details.

Rage is very much a linear corridor shooter with a bit of racing thrown in, all tied together with a sort of open world segment that isn't really all that important. As with most id games the corridoor shooter combat is extremely tight, responsive and fun, very traditional FPS style, I found it quite enjoyable.

Fallout(s) are very much a more true open world, they are much more RPGs with focus on story and character progression, they allow for a greater range of play styles but ultimately the combat is no where near as tight or really as fun Rage.

Both have their merits, personally I like the Fallouts more but that's not to say Rage is a bad game, it has a lot of good points and is impressive in its own way. Out of the fallouts I prefer New Vegas more as it's somewhat more like Fallout 1/2.

I wanted to like it but just couldn't. The atmosphere was nice, the implementation screwed it over. The things that ruined it for me:

1) The psychic enemies. The game suffered badly form enemies seeing you at long distances, all the enemies then knowing where you are, etc. Made stealth play rather poor.

2) Poor persistence. While the game wanted to act like what you did mattered, it didn't because it didn't save state. Enemies would respawn over and over again when you changed areas. So you'd help some people clear out an area and they'd set up camp, but be wiped out later because the enemies would just respawn endlessly.

3) However what finally did it for me was the bugs. There was one point where the game just kept crashing, I could not get it to go on. So I'd had it and that was that.

I liked the idea but as often is the case, the devil is in the details.

Clear Sky I found more buggy out of the three games, but just out of curiosity, have you tried playing the series again with the Complete Mod?

Clear Sky I found more buggy out of the three games, but just out of curiosity, have you tried playing the series again with the Complete Mod?

The Complete Mod is just about essential,at least with SoC. The FreePlay feature alone is worth it. Clear Sky is the weakest of the three,it felt rushed and became too linear in the final stages. But the series is still far superior to any other games of this type,Fallout 3 and NV were fun,but they can't compare to STALKER. And I found the Gamebryo engine at least as buggy as X-ray,if not more so.

The Complete Mod is just about essential,at least with SoC. The FreePlay feature alone is worth it. Clear Sky is the weakest of the three,it felt rushed and became too linear in the final stages. But the series is still far superior to any other games of this type,Fallout 3 and NV were fun,but they can't compare to STALKER. And I found the Gamebryo engine at least as buggy as X-ray,if not more so.

I've never played without complete. Additionally though maybe unrealistic, per the complete guide I up the weight and walk stuff by about a 1/3 to 1/2 more.

Im going to throw Metro 2033 into the mix also, it's linear but fun and really well made.
Fallout games are more RPG, since you actually gain levels and skills as you go along. By the end, even a super mutant is easy to take down with a simple gun. (the damage you deal is based on the skills and perks of your character, not you personally)

In Metro or Stalker series (Stalker games have to be played with mods, at least the Complete Mod), your armor gets better and so do your guns, but you still stay the same, and so do the enemies. However, you will find that you can score a headshot much more easily since your own skills actually go up and you just get better at it. For that reason, Stalker or Metro are better for me.

But Fallout is huge, such a giant landscape, so many more things to do! You are also given a higher carrying limit in Fallout, so it seems to be easier to carry a lot of toys with you for your own survival. In Metro of Stalker you have to resupply fairly often (but for different reason). In Metro, ammo is fairly scarce, so you hoard it. In Stalker, you can't carry too many things, and the quality of your gear breaks down, so no matter what, you need to go in for repairs and resupply.

I would say that Stalker and Metro fall more into the scary post apocalyptic game genre.. Fallout by comparison is a bit nice. Basically it boils down to too many humans in fallout.
(In Stalker:SoC, when you are walking to the brain scorcher, you can go through the forest full of mutants, or the road full of humans, I dont know of too many people who picked the forest)

Last edited:
Yeah if we are throwing Metro 2033 into the mix , then OP you should play this one first above all, the atmosphere in this game is unrivaled. A very good game.

I've never played without complete. Additionally though maybe unrealistic, per the complete guide I up the weight and walk stuff by about a 1/3 to 1/2 more.

The complete mods make the game way, way, way too easy. There are just health packs and ammo all over the place with that mod.

If you want to play Soc with a mod Oblivion lost is probably the way to go.

Back