Rage now being released October 4

Fine by me if that delay is due to taking the time to do real nice quality control and such before launching. I'm really looking forward to this game.

More likely this is just a strategic decision, they believe they have a better chance against titles like "The Darkness II" and "Dark Souls" than "Gears of War 3".

More likely this is just a strategic decision, they believe they have a better chance against titles like "The Darkness II" and "Dark Souls" than "Gears of War 3".

Yeah, probably.

Twisted Metal will outsell Rage on PS3 it will probably also outsell The Darkness II and Dark Souls.

Twisted Metal will outsell Rage on PS3 it will probably also outsell The Darkness II and Dark Souls.

Demon's Souls kicked my ass. I'm not good with a controller by any stretch of the imagination. Dark Souls will be a pass for me. I've never enjoyed driving games of any flavor, so Twisted Metal is out. That leaves The Darkness II and Rage. I loved The Darkness. Loved it. Guess what game I'll be getting first?

Demon's Souls kicked my ass. I'm not good with a controller by any stretch of the imagination. Dark Souls will be a pass for me. I've never enjoyed driving games of any flavor, so Twisted Metal is out. That leaves The Darkness II and Rage. I loved The Darkness. Loved it. Guess what game I'll be getting first?

My point was that they could have picked a better date if it was a strategic move. But I'll humor you and say The Darkness II.

Well if it's bug free and not a major decade old letdown like DNF, I can handle it. :)

I think they should have tried to get it out in the summer with little competition. Why they chose the time of year where all the heavy hitters come out is beyond me. I don't see this game doing well at all.

The E3 video looked promising. As long as the gameplay and action feel good. I just hope they add another element onto the gameplay. Something that will help it to surpass the latest in this genre of FPS.

My point was that they could have picked a better date if it was a strategic move. But I'll humor you and say The Darkness II.

I think my post came across as dickish. Sorry about that, wasn't trying to be. For October 4, Rage's only real competition is The Darkness II. Dark Souls and Twisted Metal are different genres. Twisted Metal is also a PS3 exclusive. I don't think either game will cannibalize Rage sales. I doubt The Darkness II will, either. I don't recall it being a huge hit on the 360 when it came out in 2007.

Well gonna have to skip it then until its on sale (or if it doesn't get good reviews/praise). October has enough games coming out in that month.

So many games I want this year , I need overtime.

Did they ever release system specs for this game yet? I know it's going to rape almost the crap out of my PC. But, regardless I can't wait to play.

Did they ever release system specs for this game yet? I know it's going to rape almost the crap out of my PC. But, regardless I can't wait to play.

Considering how good it looks on even a 360 , I don't think they will be steep what so ever.

Considering how good it looks on even a 360 , I don't think they will be steep what so ever.

This is true, though I'm thinking I definitely wont be able to run this thing on high.And I already know that i'm not going to buy this on 360 or ps3; I'd rather not suffer and try to play an fps on console.

I'd expect this to scale well on the PC and it ought to look great maxed out.

So they are releasing it the same month as Batman and Battlefield 3? Better get good reviews!

So they are releasing it the same month as Batman and Battlefield 3? Better get good reviews!

My thoughts exactly. Although waiting another month would put it up against a plethora of games that will outsell it and then there goes the holiday sales which I've heard account for nearly 50% of the total yearly sales.

Did they ever release system specs for this game yet? I know it's going to rape almost the crap out of my PC.
Don't be silly, it's designed to run on consoles - your PC will be able to run it at max settings. In Carmack's last interview didn't he say current high end PCs are about 10 times as powerful as the specification they designed rage for ? Your rig will be fine, as will that of most PC Gamers.

As of last interview I saw with Carmack this game isn't having Dedicated servers, that unfortunately makes this a console buy only, and launching near BF3 time, they can shove it up their ass.

Anyone know if the console version supports keyboard/mouse?

I'm looking forward to this title, as long as it actually releases and is well polished, I am fine with a couple of weeks delay.

I hate consoles, so I don't play any of the PS3 or XBox exclusives, so that's a non-issue.

As of last interview I saw with Carmack this game isn't having Dedicated servers, that unfortunately makes this a console buy only, and launching near BF3 time, they can shove it up their ass.

The multiplayer also isn't your standard FPS. It's car based, and from what I understand it's similar to Interstate or Carmageddon. I don't necessarily think it'd be worth all of the work to work with partners to host servers for that. If people tolerated listen servers for MW2 they can certainly do the same for some racing/shoot'em up car game.

Back