Rage 2 Teaser Trailer on Twitter

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
This does not show any gameplay at all, but shows the overall tone of the yet-announced sequel to Rage. I have my own theories that the actual footage simply shows people that are upset about spending $60 on the first game and getting a steaming pile of crap. Nope, I never got my money back either.

Reactions: DF-1
like this
The fault I found with RAGE was not how poorly it was optimized. It ran great on my mid level system of the time. But how it MANDATED you play the silly racing game. I suck at racing games with the "matchbox car" POV. I have to have a in-car POV to drive. Being this was a RPG it seemed very strange that this was totally missing. I rather enjoyed the game up to this point. if Rage II continues in this vain; count me out.

I honestly think they should of just picked a new name. The name recognition will tank this game even if its good.

The fault I found with RAGE was not how poorly it was optimized. It ran great on my mid level system of the time. But how it MANDATED you play the silly racing game. I suck at racing games with the "matchbox car" POV. I have to have a in-car POV to drive. Being this was a RPG it seemed very strange that this was totally missing. I rather enjoyed the game up to this point. if Rage II continues in this vain; count me out.
Fully agree that the racing game sucked and was pointless being in a FPS.

Rage 2 might be good if they take it to the level design of Doom 2016 while keeping it unique rather than making another Borderlands clone.

Will boycott out of principal for what they did on the first one. I guess now you could just request a refund, but back then you where left feeling like you'd been robbed....

I'm diggin that command and conquer lets play dress up old codec video vibe

Rage 2 might be good if they take it to the level design of Doom 2016 while keeping it unique rather than making another Borderlands clone.
To be honest I would like it to be less RPG and more FPS. The mad max style setting of Doom 2016 might be pretty cool. I dunno how i feel about looter shooters anymore, after playing borderlands and the division im just not into the grind fest it take to get good weapons in these games. A different direction for the Rage franchise might be good for it. Rage had its moments but for the most part it was a mediocre game. Im glad i bought it for 8 buck on sale and didn't drop the full 60 like alot of people did. I never did finish it though, just lost interest in it pretty quick.

I actually rather enjoyed the racing part, however I agree it's a bit silly it was required. However given how the game/story progressed it *sort of* made sense. Some parts were indeed extremely frustrating and AI opponents did crazy and annoying things. It would have been best if racing was optional for rewards only and not game progression as I recall.

I actually rather enjoyed the racing part, however I agree it's a bit silly it was required. However given how the game/story progressed it *sort of* made sense. Some parts were indeed extremely frustrating and AI opponents did crazy and annoying things. It would have been best if racing was optional for rewards only and not game progression as I recall.
The only two things I didn't like about the racing game (well, two and a half things) were 1) and ½) It required you to learn a completely different game mechanic that you may or may not have any experience with (driving sim) and didn't really give you much time or space to do so and 2) The actual races felt REALLY constrained, sort of like being dropped into a small monster box with new weapon and no time to familiarize yourself with it. The 'general' driving part, from location to location, while not huge, still was much larger than actual races. It sort of felt like going from a Baja/rally drive to a Monaco Grand Prix race where you had to shoot at the other contestants.

I wouldn't be opposed to the driving portion being more open, and location to location based, with races optional for added perks, money, or "easier" access to upgrades or shortcuts.

WTF??? I was psyched to see a Rage 2 trailer, but some hand job posted a Mad Max Fury Road trailer instead.

I actually semi-enjoyed the first RAGE, and probably going to do a playthrough again to do the DLC that came out much later. That being said I hated that it made you do that racing game. I remember grinding the "arena" to get some cash built up. With the same studio that worked on Mad Max (which I enjoyed) helping out id this time I think that RAGE 2 has a chance.

Back